- Powered by MBC DirectoryMaker
Cinco De Mayo Hispanic Celebration Festival / Block Party 2016 Honolulu - Hawaii Master Page
Date / Time:
Cinco De Mayo Hawaii Latin Dance Party - May 5th, 2016 - 8pm -2am
Cinco De Mayo Hawaii Free Block Party - May 7th, 2016 - 5pm - 11pm
Cinco De Mayo Hawaii After Party - May 7th, 2016 - 10pm - 2pm
Hawaii Events Center (Indoor & Outdoor)
985 Dillingham Blvd
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817
View Location map
Visit Hawaii Events Center Website
2016 PRESS RELEASE
OOSPOT & Alma Latina Productions will once again present the Annual "Cinco de Mayo Hispanic Celebration" Block Party Festival at the Hawaii Events Center [985 Dilingham Blvd] Thursday, May 5th, 2016 "Latin Dance Party" (Party 8-4am: 21+) and Saturday, May 7th, 2016 (Free Block Party ‘Open To The Public' -> 5pm-11pm; Cinco Fiesta After Party at The Hawaii Events Center 11pm-2am; 18+).
This Hispanic Celebration brings awareness to Oahu's diverse population of 121,000 Hispanics from over 22 nations. It is co-produced by OOSPOT.com, Alma Latina Productions and others. This celebration will showcase the diversity of Latino Culture in Hawaii and includes Music, Dance, Cuisine and the Arts.
The Cinco de Mayo Cultural Party Festival specifically highlights Honolulu's connection to all the Beautiful Colors, Dances, Arts, Music, Folklore and Cuisine of Latin America. Local, Mexican, Puerto Rican restaurants will feature seasonal specialties, alongside Honolulu's Landmark establishments and the best of Honolulu Mobile and Food Vendor eateries. Expect Nachos, spicy Chili Con Queso, Tamales and Horchata, Elotes and Pasteles, alongside Chicken Mole and Green Rice, Mexican Pizza, Lamb & Chicken Biryani, French crepes and Cheesecake.
The Fiesta will be covered with festive decorations. Flower Girls dressed in theme will entice the crowds to join in the spectacle. Event highlights:
- The event theme emphasizes the cultural aspect of Cinco de Mayo. The Fiesta will be decorated with flags, pi?atas, sombreros and Mexican colors. The Hispanic Heritage Festival & Events will have a booth sharing bilingual materials on their cultural and community services.
- Live entertainment on two stages including Son Caribe, Mexican Ballet Folkloric Dancers, Samba dancers and much more.
- Two DJ stages with DJs from KPRP, 650AM Alma Latina and Discoteca Stage.
- Keiki Corner with Games, Prizes, Pinatas, face Painting & other Fun things.
- A wide selection of food booths serving nachos, tamales, chili, burritos, tortillas, frijoles, ceviche and pasteles.
- Cold Drinks and Beverages.
- BANDS: Eddie Ortiz and Son Caribe Band, AguaDulce Salsa Band, Machete Band, Adele Chu, & Espiritu Libre
- Dj Da Lion Of Judah, DJ Azteca Guerrero
- 808 El Control DJ's in the Alma Latina Radio Tent.(KPRP, 650AM).
- Hawaii's own DJ G-Spot & KTUH Dj's, Hispanic DJ"s.
- DANCERS: Konetl Dancers (Maui) / Dancers of Mexico
- Miss Latina Hawaii (Tiffany Johnson), Miss Paradise Latina (December Smith), Miss Aloha Latina (Allison Chu), and the Class of 2016 Miss Hawaii Contestants
- Prize Rides & more!!!
Live music will run from 5:30 pm to 2:00am on the indoor and outdoor main stages. Headlining the event is Honolulu's premiere Latin groups. This dynamite lineup will be playing a wide variety of musical styles, including Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. Featured Hispanic vocalists.
A special appearance as well by KPRP, 650AM popular and longest-running Hispanic Radio Show in Hawaii - Alma Latina guests DJ's 808 DJs Da Lion of Judah and El Control DJ's, spinning the best in Latin music all night long.
Hawaii's Favorite DJs, including: G-Spot, Zilla, Positive Regime, Bennie James, will hold it down at the DJ Discoteca Area, alongside the astonishing entertainment .
Cinco De Mayo Block Party Festival 2016 is free to all.
Over 21"s will be carded and $5 drink wristbands will be required for enjoying alcoholic beverages.
The Festival is presented by the Hype Hawaii, OOSPOT, ChinatownGetDown.com , Alma Latina Radio Show.
More Info: www.cincodemayohawaii.com
Visit our contact page to contact us for media inquiries, sponsorship, food vendor, entreatment opportunities.
Back to the top
Questions? Ready for an appointment?